Good news for Australian visa applicants. International students and migrants, with multiple test sessions a day and fast results, computer-delivered IELTS is now available across Australia.
IELTS has been helping people in Australia achieve their work, study and migration goals for more than 25 years. It is the most widely used and respected measure of English skill in Australia.
Candidate may try computer-delivered IELTS on the following modules:
Computer-delivered IELTS is available 3 times a day, 7 days a week:
Meet computer-delivered IELTS: the same IELTS test you know, delivered via computer, with multiple test sessions a day and fast results.
- found computer-delivered IELTS easier 90%
- Computer-delivered sittings per week 2,304
- Now testing three times a day 3
- Test centeres 30+
- In computer-delivered IELTS you may skip questions and come back to them to complete or check your answer at a later time.
- Writing (60 minutes), Reading (60 minutes), Listening (30-36 minutes), Speaking (11-14 minutes)
- Results turnaround 5-7 calendar days
If you choose to take the computer-delivered IELTS test, you will take the Listening, Reading and Writing components using a desktop computer. All aspects of the test are identical to the paper-based IELTS test, including:
- Question types
*In the computer-delivered Listening test, the timings are slightly different from the paper-based test. This is because the paper-based test requires test takers to transfer answers to an answer sheet. This step is no longer required when answering directly on a computer.
- Before the start of each part of the Listening test you will have some time to read the questions.
- After the end of each part of the Listening test you will have some time to review your answers.
- At the end of the Listening test, you will have 2 minutes to check your answers.
The timing of the Listening test is between 30 – 36 minutes long.
Computer-delivered IELTS Speaking test
The IELTS Speaking test is the same as always – face-to-face, in a quiet room, with a real, human examiner.
Benefits of the IELTS Speaking test
- Private Speaking test rooms, free from noise and distraction
- Repeat and rephrase a question for you
- Match your pace and level of English
- Won’t ‘time out’ on you
- Hear your accent
Book your computer-delivered test at one of the IELTS test centres below:
New South Wales